It's finally autumn! Finished with hot weather, time to put on our sweaters and eat good food!
This chestnut soup fits perfectly into this season, hot, tasty and creamy!
Ingredients for 4:
- 200g of chestnut
- 50g of sweet chestnut puree (Vermicelles)
- 2dl cream
- 1 red onion
- 1 chili pod
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 0.5dl sherry
- wild boar, venison or regular salami (just a bit to decorate, but that ingredient is important). Buy some real thick salami and cut it into small cubes.
- cayenne pepper and parsley to decorate
- put butter and olive oil in a big pan and sear the onion and chili (roughly chopped) on medium heat for about five minutes, then add the frozen chestnuts as well as the puree. Stir occasionally.
- deglaze with the sherry, then add the bouillon and reduce the heat to low once everything is boiling. Put the lid and wait for 20 minutes.
- Now puree everything with a handheld blender, then add half of the cream. season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- beat the other half of the cream until thick, use for decoration together with the salami and the parsley.